Many dentists use air-driven “hand-pieces” (the dental term for “drills”). While acceptable for many procedures, these “whiney sounding” air-powered hand pieces all have a degree of non-concentricity; they do not rotate perfectly smoothly.
For the most demanding aspects of our restorative procedures, we use hybrid air-electric hand-pieces. This results in an extraordinarily precise interface between your tooth and your new restoration (crown, veneer, or filling). This will make the treatment more comfortable for you as well. With a more precise tool, there is less vibration and less noise. The new handpieces even make the procedures faster and smoother for patients.
Midwest® Stylus™ ATC
Most powerful air-driven handpiece available
- Automatically optimizes power to virtually eliminate stalling and need to feather
- Adjusts speed to what the dentist needs
- Delivers smooth, constant power and control for unmatched cutting efficiency and faster removal of material
- Adjust speed when bur is not under load to minimize wear on bearings
- Automatically optimizes power
- Adjusts speed to match what Dr. Laszynski needs
- Delivers smooth, constant power and control for unmatched cutting efficiency and faster treatment
Superior Turbine Suspension:
- Outstanding precision, accuracy and control
- Allows the handpiece to operate at consistent speeds under load without noticeable bur deflection and chattering for better control and precision
- Creates a greater, more consistent transfer of power from the handpiece to the bur for maximized cutting efficiency
- Allows Dr. Laszynski to create the degree of precision they need – time after time – for every patient
- Smooth, precise control for margin refinement and restorative procedures
- We use “mini” size handpieces so patients don’t have to open as wide or feel the drill hitting other teeth.
- The mini size also provides better access and maneuverability while Dr. Laszynski is working.
- We have also upgraded our handpieces to have built-in LED lighting because it offers outstanding visibility leading to better treatment results and safer procedures.
Lower Pitch and Tone:
Few people like the “whiny” sound of a dental drill, but our new handpieces have lower pitch and tone than most other handpieces. The reduced noise helps to make your time in our office more enjoyable and is better for our team as well.